Friday, June 1, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Balls

Made this tasty little recipe last Saturday and it was a big hit!

Ingredients:

-3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can) -I used only one can for Brett and I so we'd have 5 pieces each
-56 pepperoni slices ( I just bought a bag of pepperoni slices and put two in each ball)
-Block of cheese (Colby & Monterey Jack or Cheese Stick)- I used shredded Mozz but think I'll try the block cheese next time
-1 beaten egg ( I didn't use this)
-Parmesan
-Italian seasoning
-Garlic powder
-1 jar pizza sauce 

Directions:

-Cut the block of cheese into at least 28 squares.
-Flatten a biscuit out and stack pepperoni and cheese on top.
-Gather up the edges of the biscuit.
-Line the rolls up in a greased 9x13 in. pan.  Brush with beaten egg.  Sprinkle with Parmesan, -Italian seasoning and garlic powder.  Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes.
-Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.   

Reviews:

Brett gave them an 8 or 9 out of 10
Brooke gave them an 8 out of 10

I think using the block cheese will be better because they'll be cheesier, and I think I'll add mushrooms next time too! SO easy and great for a night that needs a quick dinner! PLUS, if you use the smaller biscuits and turkey pepperoni they are healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment