Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 26- Baby English Hothouse Cucumber!!!

Quite the description for this week, so specific! :) This week our little nugget is 14 inches long, about the length of the cucumber and weighs about 1 and 2/3 pound! And boy am I starting to feel it!! :) I think he is too because it constantly feels like he's trying to stretch his little living space out with all his kicks and rolls!

His eyes are opening now that they are fully developed and he's putting on more baby fat! He's supposed to gain a lot of weight in the next few weeks!! He certainly has been very active though! And his new favorite position seems to be with his little feet in my side and ribs and kicks away! Not painful, yet, but certainly a new funny feeling!! He is starting to enjoy these little bursts of energy at 3 AM too which makes for some interesting nights!! :)

I'm starting to finally feel pregnant, haha. I can't move as quickly as I used to, I have to roll over or get up slowly or I definitely feel pulls, twinges and pain. Walking up the stairs has now caused me to be winded, oh how shameful! :) And sleeping at night has become an exercise in contortionism! My belly is just now big enough that it's uncomfortable to lay on my side, so I have to tuck the covers and "prop" it up! I wonder what it will be like when my belly gets REALLY big! :) But, I'm feeling good and can do most anything I want and I'm very thankful for that! Oh, and a funny new development, my belly button is starting to pop, ah! I haven't had and "outsie" since I was little, so this is certainly a new look!

I had my glucose blood work on Thursday and am just waiting to hear how it went. The drink was not nearly as bad as I was told or what I thought it would be. It reminded me of Freeze Pops, and the juice you have leftover at the end. I had orange, and the first few drinks weren't bad, but it was becoming quite the chore towards the end to finish that very sugary drink! So Gabe and I were pretty wired for an hour waiting for our blood draw! :)

So that's week 26! I think we're going to go and get paint this weekend for Gabriel's room and get the nursery started soon! So that is very exciting!!!! I still find it hard to believe that we're in the 3rd Trimester and 6 1/2 months! Time is flying so quickly now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment