This week in development: his pancreas is starting to develop in his little belly!! His eyes are fully formed, but the iris's still do not have any pigment. If you could see him now, you would see the fine hair covering his body and the deep wrinkles in his skin since he hasn't started storing fat yet. That's our next project!! :) He is doing very well (to the best of my knowledge) and moving around a lot! Which is fun! I'm starting to sport a nice little baby bump finally and still find myself trying to tighten my core when I walk, then realize I can let this little gut hang out! No worries! haha Will certainly need to invest in some more shorts/pants, my hairband for a waistband button is working ok for now, but won't for long!! :)For those who haven't heard, we think we have decided on his name:
Gabriel Arthur Purcell
Gabriel: because the angel Gabriel delivered good news and we feel like this little one is our good news!
Arthur: because that's Brett's middle name
So his initials will be GAP and I am SOOO getting him a cute little baby GAP hooded sweatshirt!! haha Can't wait!!
Feeling better this week which is wonderful so my appetite has certainly returned! :) I'll be anxious to see what I weigh at my next appointment in 2 weeks!! I'm supposed to be gaining a pound every week this trimester and since the start of pregnancy I've only gained about 4.... so here's to hoping! haha
On some good job news, I had an interview at Ohio Hi Point this past Thursday for a teacher's aid position. I said everything I could say at the interview and hope I made a good impression on the committee. I'm supposed to hear next week if I will have a 2nd interview, so here's to more hoping!!! :) It would be a wonderful position not only financially and schedule wise, but I think it may open doors to a career I might be interested in. So we'll see! Plus they have daycare RIGHT there at the school so I could take Baby Gabe (here come the nicknames!) with me! How awesome is that?!?!
I finally finished my Baby Bargains book and got all my research done on the world that is baby, WHEW!! It's really hard to figure out what's safe/good quality/good price for a baby when you've NEVER used 90% of the stuff!! So this book has been quite awesome and we think we might register this weekend. Will be certainly different than wedding registering, where you just pick stuff you like. Now we pick what's best for the little nugget! and of course, a few cute things you just can't resist when you walk into a baby store! haha
Brett and I recently watched "The Business of Being Born", a wonderful documentary about natural childbirth. I'm really interested in going natural as long as everything is ok and this movie sealed the decision for me! So, trying to decide if we want to switch Dr's and go to a midwifery practice in Findlay like we had in Cincinnati. We loved our midwives in Cincy and feel they will help us throughout the process of labor maybe more than a Dr will. So we'll see what happens!
I'm sorry there is no Funny Friday, I never found anything this week. Hopefully will have one next week!! Have a great weekend everyone!!
Arthur: because that's Brett's middle name
So his initials will be GAP and I am SOOO getting him a cute little baby GAP hooded sweatshirt!! haha Can't wait!!
Feeling better this week which is wonderful so my appetite has certainly returned! :) I'll be anxious to see what I weigh at my next appointment in 2 weeks!! I'm supposed to be gaining a pound every week this trimester and since the start of pregnancy I've only gained about 4.... so here's to hoping! haha
On some good job news, I had an interview at Ohio Hi Point this past Thursday for a teacher's aid position. I said everything I could say at the interview and hope I made a good impression on the committee. I'm supposed to hear next week if I will have a 2nd interview, so here's to more hoping!!! :) It would be a wonderful position not only financially and schedule wise, but I think it may open doors to a career I might be interested in. So we'll see! Plus they have daycare RIGHT there at the school so I could take Baby Gabe (here come the nicknames!) with me! How awesome is that?!?!
I finally finished my Baby Bargains book and got all my research done on the world that is baby, WHEW!! It's really hard to figure out what's safe/good quality/good price for a baby when you've NEVER used 90% of the stuff!! So this book has been quite awesome and we think we might register this weekend. Will be certainly different than wedding registering, where you just pick stuff you like. Now we pick what's best for the little nugget! and of course, a few cute things you just can't resist when you walk into a baby store! haha
Brett and I recently watched "The Business of Being Born", a wonderful documentary about natural childbirth. I'm really interested in going natural as long as everything is ok and this movie sealed the decision for me! So, trying to decide if we want to switch Dr's and go to a midwifery practice in Findlay like we had in Cincinnati. We loved our midwives in Cincy and feel they will help us throughout the process of labor maybe more than a Dr will. So we'll see what happens!
I'm sorry there is no Funny Friday, I never found anything this week. Hopefully will have one next week!! Have a great weekend everyone!!
LOVE lil' Gabe already!!! Cute name too!!
ReplyDelete