IT'S A BOY!!!!!
YAY!!!! I've had a feeling for quite awhile that it's going to be a boy so I was going to be really surprised if they said girl!! :) Apparently our little boy likes to show himself because the very first thing we saw on the ultrasound was him "sitting" on the screen showing us the goods! haha Our little exhibitionist :)
He (I love that I can say He now!!! No more He/She!!) is 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and 10 inches from head to heel. The length of a banana! In the first 20 weeks they measure crown to rump since baby's legs are curled up. But from here on out they'll measure head to toe!! Yesterday, the tech told us he is weighing 11 ounces! YAY!!
I feel him kicking A LOT these days and it's really fun! Yesterday morning I was laying on the couch and you could SEE him kicking! haha Very cool!!! He tends to get very active mid-afternoon and right at bedtime, right when I'm relaxing :) But I love it!I wanted to find a creative way to tell the new Grandparents, so I decided to make a cake that would reveal the gender. We bought all the stuff the day before, but I had to wait till after the appointment to make the right color :)
I started off making the white cake and added the BLUE food coloring!
I used cream cheese icing and colored it orange since our little boy will be arriving so near Halloween, I thought a "pumpkin" cake would be fitting :)
After the cakes had cooled, it was time to spread the icing!
YUM!
I tried to make it look like a pumpkin, but most of the guesses ended up being a basketball or baseball :( Oh well, it came out great!
Time for the reveal!!
It was so fun to watch them cut into the cake to find out!!
It was so fun to watch them cut into the cake to find out!!
It's a Boy!!
Tried to take pics of the ultrasound pics, these were the best I could do!
The side profile of our Baby Boy Purcell!
The side profile of our Baby Boy Purcell!
We got to see some of the images in 3D!!! Some were a little creepy looking, but most were very cute and SO awesome to see features!!!
This is a side profile and you can see the side of the face and head and the arms!
You can see his nose and lip and chin! SO CUTE!!!
This is a side profile and you can see the side of the face and head and the arms!
You can see his nose and lip and chin! SO CUTE!!!
So now we're really getting excited! I can't wait to get stuff for him and do his room!!! It's only going to get more fun from here on out!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment