Last week Brett and I went over to Waynesfield so we could decorate his OFFICE!!! He now has his own official office with windows, a whole desk, his own cabinets and chairs for other people to sit in! A big step up from the ol' cubicle! :) It even has painted walls!! So we spruced it up a little more with some Reds memorabilia, his diploma and some pictures.
Speaking of jobs, I FINALLY have one! Well, sort of..... Last week I had two interviews. One for Ohio Hi Point for a teacher's aid position which I will hear the results of that later this week. And then one for Job and Family Services for what I thought was a receptionist position but turns out is a contract job to scan files into a computer software system.
So after talking with Brett all weekend, we decided this is a great opportunity to make some extra money and fill the time until fall. The hours are pretty crummy, 12-8 M-Th and then 10-6 on Fridays. No benefits, but I'm not getting any benefits sitting at home either! :) So, while I feel a little apprehensive about the hours, I feel this is something our little family needs and we can tough it out until hopefully something better comes along. As of right now, it looks like I would possibly start on July 5th, so I have the rest of this week to get things done I need done and enjoy some dinners with my hubby :)
My HOPE is that I will get the Ohio Hi Point job and can start that in August, and this contract job will just take us up to that and keep the income coming! If I don't get the OHP job, I'm going today to pick up a sub form to hopefully get on the sub list for schools. That would definitely give me a lot of flexibility for when Gabriel arrives but still bring in some money. So, we'll see what happens over the next few days and hopefully some really good news will come about.
Anyway, that's all the fun job info we have!!! Brett's contract officially starts on July 31st, so while he's been really busy with all the AD stuff lately, he'll be really happy to start getting paid for it then!! haha
Such good news for both of you!!! Hopefully your job will get your foot in the door to bigger and better things! And could your house be any cuter!?
ReplyDelete