Sunday, January 9, 2011

Taco Pie

Sunday night we tried another new recipe, Taco Pie. I got it from my weekly e-mail from Kraft and it was listed in the 500 calories and less list! So I thought we'd give it a whirl!


Ingredients:

-1 pound lean ground beef
-1 onion, chopped (I only used half and it was plenty!)
-1 Tbsp Chili powder
-1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
-1 10 oz bag frozen corn, thawed and rinsed
-6 whole wheat tortillas, 6 inch
-1 cup KRAFT 2% Mexican style finely shredded cheese, divided
-1/4 cup Fat Free sour cream


Directions:

-Heat oven to 375 degrees
-In skillet, brown meat, onions and chili powder on medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and corn and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
-Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into bottom of 2 quart round dish. Layer 3 tortillas on top. Spoon 2 more cups of meat mixture on top of tortillas. Top with 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
-Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese, bake for 5 minutes uncovered or until melted.
-Cut into wedges. Serve topped with sour cream


Reviews:

Pretty good!! Next time I think I'll use a taco seasoning packet instead of the chili powder to make it taste more taco-ish (that's a real word right??). It kind of reminds me of a taco lasagna, only without noodles.

Brett gave it a 6 out of 10 because of the taco seasoning potential
Brooke gave it a 7 out of 10 because of the same thing

I'm sure our reviews would be better with the taco seasoning! So try it however you like. It was good, just didn't taste very taco-ish, but perhaps you might like it better that way! Either way, a filling and easy, quick weeknight meal!! ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment