Monday, October 18, 2010

Tater Tot Casserole

Tonight's new recipe was Tater Tot Casserole from my Hardin Memorial Hospital "Cooking For A Cure" Cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Bernadette Coats. It was delicious!!



Ingredients:

- 1 lb ground beef- I used Laura's Lean Beef
- 1 (15oz) can green beans-drained
- 1 small can mushrooms- drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup- I used 98% Fat Free
- 1 (8oz) bag of shredded cheddar cheese- again I used Reduced Fat
- 1 2pound bag of Tater Tots


Directions:

Brown the ground beef and put in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. (I found this pan to be too large so I used a smaller square baking dish and it worked fine). Add green beans and mushrooms. Spread soup on top of vegetables. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Put tater tots on top. Bake at 350 degrees until tots are golden brown and mixture underneath is hot and bubbly. I ended up baking around 30 minutes, that may have been because it was in a smaller dish so it didn't heat as quickly. Changing the dish size may alter cooking time, but just watch it for your preference.

Reviews:

We LOVED it! Perfect dinner combo- meat, potatoes and veggies all in one dish! Plus it as VERY easy and quick to make!

Brett gave it a 9.5 out of 10
I gave it a 9 out of 10

Our only recommendations: Brett wanted more tots :) I thought trying peas instead of beans might be better, I like green beans but I LOVE peas, so I might switch that next time.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment