Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Flea Product Warning!!!!!

For all pet owners and animal lovers out there!! I couldn't NOT pass this info along. Today I witnessed something so sad that I had to turn the experience into something good. A well meaning owner went out and bought over-the-counter flea meds at Kroger last night to help treat the fleas her cats were battling. Today, she brought them in because they were having seizures and very very sick. They, like many other animals, were have severe and life threatening reactions to this unsafe product!! I've seen this several other times at the clinics and hospitals I've worked at. These "cheaper" products have caused many harmful problems to many pets and should NEVER be used! They seem cheaper in the store (you'll be saving approx $5-10) but you will be paying HUNDREDS in the hospitalization. Please, don't use products you can buy at Walmart, Kroger and the like. Stick to the vet-recommended brands (and I'm not just saying this because I work at a vet office), they are proven safe and Dr. recommended.


Here are a few products you would find over-the-counter




Here are a few Dr. recommended and SAFE flea products you can find at your local veterinary office!

For more information, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment