Monday, February 15, 2010

Girl's Weekend in Chicago!

This past weekend, I joined Deb and Rhonda O for a girls trip to Chicago to see Brooke O! She is attending PA school over there and we thought we'd all drop in for a girl's weekend! In honor of Valentine's Day, she made us awesome little strawberry brownies in a heart dish...Mmmmmm

We left Kenton early Saturday morning and got to Lombard, IL where Brooke lives around 11:00. After we all enjoyed a Take and Bake Donatos Pizza (since Brooke can't get any Donatos in Chicago) we headed to the Outlet Mall!!


First, we stopped at the Gap Outlet store and all got some new clothes to wear that night! Thanks to Deb, I now have a cute new sweater! It's been TOO long since I've shopped!! :)
Then, we headed over to the only Vera Bradley Outlet store in the U.S., and the whole reason for going to the outlet mall! Deb was beyond psyched about going!
Here she is posing with her beloved Vera. :)



After an afternoon of shopping we all went back and cleaned up to go out to dinner. Brooke O took us to this amazing restaurant called Lombardis. It's similar in layout and atmosphere to an upscale Panera Bread, but they have SO much variety of awesome food! Brooke O and I got these AMAZING turkey burgers on Pretzel Rolls and Deb and Rhonda got some delicious cheese filled tortellini. We were all STUFFED!! Deb and I wore our new matching sweaters to dinner! haha

After dinner we drove over to the $3 theater and watched "It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. A HILARIOUS movie that all women should go see! We all laughed OUT LOUD!

The next morning we all woke up early to go to another AMAZING restaurant for breakfast. I think it was called the Egg Haven. SOOO good! After stuffing ourselves with eggs, potatoes, and banana bread french toast it was time to bid farewell to Brooke O.

It was a quick, whirlwind of a trip, but SO fun! Girl's weekends are just the best!!

Thanks Brooke O for being hostess! We had a great time!

Thanks Rhonda O and Deb for the invite and generosity! I had a blast! Looking forward to the Cincinnati Girls weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment