On January 18th, Oprah had a show about texting/talking on the phone while driving. It was a horrific show, with real life stories about people losing loved ones at the hands of people texting while driving, or even on a phone call. If you didn't see the episode, here is a 15 minute clip that I ENCOURAGE you to all watch!CLICK HERE
Oprah has started a movement, with a pledge to STOP TEXTING AND TALKING ON THE CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING!!! You can sign the pledge HERE.
I admit, I'm guilty of sending a text while driving and definitely talking while driving. But I took the Pledge today, and I hope you all will too. It's just not worth losing my life or killing someone else for a text message or phone call. If it's urgent, we can all pull off into a parking lot, turn off the car, and make the call at that time. I love you all too much to lose you to something so senseless! I didn't want to start everyone's weekend on a sour note, but didn't want to wait to post this and then have the unfortunate happen.
Now, for a more lighthearted post, continue to scroll down and see what I posted earlier this morning!!
I admit, I'm guilty of sending a text while driving and definitely talking while driving. But I took the Pledge today, and I hope you all will too. It's just not worth losing my life or killing someone else for a text message or phone call. If it's urgent, we can all pull off into a parking lot, turn off the car, and make the call at that time. I love you all too much to lose you to something so senseless! I didn't want to start everyone's weekend on a sour note, but didn't want to wait to post this and then have the unfortunate happen.
Now, for a more lighthearted post, continue to scroll down and see what I posted earlier this morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment