Monday, January 18, 2010

Crock Pot Candied Sweet Potatoes


The other day I found this awesome recipe for sweet potatoes on one of the Blog's I follow. I made it that night and both Brett and I LOVE it!!! So I thought I'd pass the recipe on to all of you! It's perfect as a side or as a dessert since it has some sweetness to it.

To make 3-4 servings, use a small 1.5 qt crock pot. I have a large crockpot and just doubled the recipe and Brett and I have been eating it for a week!

Ingredients:
12oz bag of peeled and sliced sweet potatoes (or 3-4 peeled & sliced real ones-this is what I did! Slice them so they look like french fries)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup orange juice
mini marshmallows

  • Dump all ingredients (except marshmallows) into the crock pot and mix enough to coat sweet potatoes.
  • Cover and cook 4-6 hours on LOW or 2-3 hours on HIGH.
  • For the last 10 minutes of cooking time, top sweet potatoes with mini marshmallows and put cover back on.

Enjoy!!

So far, there is not much update on Sabo either. He appears to be feeling ok, but we're having trouble figuring out if he's able to pee yet or not. Will let you know! :)

1 comment: