Gabriel has struggle with Tummy Time since we brought him home. Anytime we would flip him to his stomach he would immediately start crying, which would turn into screaming and it was just a disaster. We were getting a little concerned because he wasn't able to build up his neck strength and was always laying on his back, creating a flat spot on the back of his head. I started trying EVERYTHING to get him to do it for even a few seconds, but nothing was working. Finally, about a week ago, I brought down the toy I got him for Christmas and put it in front of his Boppy, propped him up, and he went for about 2 minutes! We now are able to work up to about 5 minutes a session! YAY!! Little man is getting stronger everyday!
I was convinced he would walk before he would crawl since he absolutely hated being on his tummy, but now I have hope he may actually crawl! Eventually we'll have him on the floor, but one step at a time! :) We're just thrilled he's doing this and moving his head side to side, since he favors the right side of his head. It's amazing how fast they learn and grow!!
If the video here doesn't work, click on the link below!!
http://youtu.be/YoQ2OsPGODw
No comments:
Post a Comment