Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Eve Dinner

For our Christmas Eve dinner I made a fave of ours from Florida: Baked Brie!
Seeing as it was our 4th Engagement Anniversary, I spruced it up :)

Ingredients:

- 1 roll Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 round 8oz Brie Cheese
- 3 Tbsp whole berry cranberry sauce- I used the Ocean Spray variety
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- 1 beaten egg

Directions:

- Heat oven to 350 degrees, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Unroll crescents into 2 big square pieces, trim off corners and set aside.
- Put one dough square onto cookie sheet. Cut Brie crosswise into 2 equal layers. Place one layer on top of dough.
- Spread cranberry sauce on top of Brie, sprinkle pecans on top of sauce. Put remaining Brie on top of pecans. Fold up dough around Brie, pressing and pinching together.
- Use the discarded dough corners to make a shape using cookie cutters or hands.
- Brush beaten egg on dough
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. You can serve with sliced apples, pears and grape clusters.

Reviews:

Brett gave it an 8 out of 10
I gave it a 7 out of 10

-I think I wouldn't have added that last layer of Brie, I think it overwhelmed it, but overall, pretty tasty appetizer!

Our lovely Christmas setting, complete with Christmas dishes and fancy glasses! :)

For the Main Course, I made Slow Roasted Apricot Glazed Pork Roast
Link

Ingredients:

- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) Chicken Broth
- 1 jar (18oz) Apricot Preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped (I forgot this!)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 4 pounds)

Directions:

- Mix all ingredients except pork loin in slow cooker.
- Add pork loin, trimming to fit, turn to coat.
- Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or until pork is tender

Reviews:

This was AMAZING!
Brett gave it a 9 out of 10, he even made pulled pork sandwiches out of it the next few days
I have it an 8 out of 10

SO easy to make and makes lots of leftovers!

For dessert I made our delicious cranberry crunch, the recipe is located in the Christmas Eve dinner from 2010.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment