Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix

This past weekend was Purcell Christmas and I chose a new recipe to take. This tasty little appetizer will surely be a big hit at your next Holiday gathering!! And, I have to add that this was made by Brett! Yes ladies and gentlemen, he just decided he was going to make it and I didn't argue!!


Ingredients:

-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 cup butter
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-2 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
-2 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
-2 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
-8 oz pecans

Directions:

-In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
-In small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in vanilla.
-In large microwavable bowl, mix all cereals and pecans. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed. Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.
-Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute. Spread on wax paper or a cookie sheet to cool. Store in airtight container.

Review:

-Brett gave it a out of 10
- I gave it a 7 out of 10

Pretty tasty, sweet and very easy to just sit and munch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment