Saturday, September 17, 2011

Apple Oatmeal Crisp

I know it's been a LONG time since I've posted a new recipe, but with the cooler weather I've been hunting up some good fall recipes, so here's a very tasty Fall dessert that we had tonight! VERY easy!! I got it from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups apples- peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pan
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour and butter. Mix until crumbly.
- Place 1/2 of the mixture in the bottom of the pan, spread evenly.
- Spread apples evenly over mixture
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over apples evenly
- Spread rest of mixture on top
- Bake for 40-45 minutes

Reviews:

DELICIOUS!!! Perfect after dinner dessert or for a snack late at night ;)

-Brett gave it a 9 out of 10 (he said he would give it a 10 if we had vanilla ice cream!)
- I gave it a 10 out 10, I don't like ice cream!

I plan on eating some for breakfast! :) The only problem I had was that I forgot to grease the pan, so sadly some of the really good crumbly mixture is stuck :(

No comments:

Post a Comment