Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting new!!

Again, I've been lax in the Blog posts... it's been just a madhouse around here! But here's a few posts on what we've been up to!!

On Monday I started my new job as an Instructional Aide at Ohio Hi Point Career Center in Bellefontaine. And I was pleasantly informed that I not only have a desk but an office as well!! I've never had a desk or an office! So all weekend I rounded up stuff to decorate it with and here's what it looks like so far!

The Juniors started on Tuesday, so they have a few days to figure out the school and their classes before the Seniors begin on Friday. It's been going well and I'm enjoying it though I come home absolutely exhausted!!! But I'm learning new things everyday and I'm excited when I get to the point where I have a bit of an idea what I'm doing and feel more helpful instead of in the way! But that's with any new job so hopefully things feel more organized soon! I don't really have a schedule, might have that in a week when we start to figure out the needs of the students better. But I will be helping students on IEP (Individualized Education Plan) when they may have questions about material in class or need help figuring out class subject matter. So I need to brush up on my high school subjects!! :)

Brett has been VERY busy with all the athletics starting! Waynesfield's 1st day for students was today and he said it was nice to have students in the building. He's still loving his job, just quite tired!! So we're a pretty tuckered out household but SO grateful for the wonderful jobs we have and the opportunities they are creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment