I realize I've been VERY neglectful of the ol Blog lately, so here come some catch-up posts this week while I have a few minutes!
I HAVE to recommend these books! I just finished them and they are both GREAT! First, is...
Many of you may have seen ads for the movie coming out in a couple days... but you HAVE to read the book first! I couldn't put it down! In summary, it's about 3 brave women who are not happy with the way the world is and are tired about doing nothing about it. So they write a book about their experiences living in the South in the 60s. Two women are black maids and one is a white recent college grad trying to get her writing career off the ground and also help others see a different point of view. It's great!!
Last night, I just finished....
This book took me a while to get in to, as it is written from the point of view of a 5 year old little boy. But trust me, read on! It's amazing! Basically, a mother and her 5 year old are living in a "room" and have been for the last 7 years of the woman's life and the entirety of the boy's. I won't reveal details, but it's an amazing story of the bond between a mother and son and sheds light on a new way to look at the world. Couldn't put this one down either!!
Now I need a new book! Any suggestions?!?!?!
Speaking of mother and son.... I had my 28 week appointment this morning and all was well! Little Gabriel let us hear his heartbeat right away this time, no tricks! It was beating strong at 140 bpm. The nurse said he was measuring a bit on the small side but still in the normal range. She said not to worry, I'm small, so he may just be small and he could very well have a growth spurt in a few weeks! So as long as he continues to grow at our next visit ( in 2 weeks!!!) then all is well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment