Monday, March 8, 2010

World's Best Husband!!!

This morning was starting out swimmingly; cats only woke me up once, got up on time, the weather was beautiful, and then the other shoe dropped: My car was DEAD. Yep, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD. Turn the key, and NOTHING! PANIC!!! So I RUN back into the apartment and tell Brett wondering what in the world we can do since we are really different shifts.

So while I'm standing there, feeling the panic grow inside me and on the verge of a meltdown, my ever so cool headed and logical husband stands there for a moment and formulates a plan. He graciously gives me his car so I can get to work on time. And he will take care of my car. This, ladies and gentlemen, deserves the World's Best Husband Award!!!

I raced back down the stairs and hurried off to work. While my wonderful hubby called AAA, had them test the battery (which was again, deader than dead) and then headed off to Auto Zone for a new battery. All an hour before he was even supposed to get up for work.

I tell ya, if I would've been by myself, I know I would've gotten the job done, but not before I had a major meltdown. I wish I could say I'm more levelheaded, but I tend to panic, and Brett is the calm and cool one in this relationship. And saved my butt from being late to work! I Love this Guy!!!

1 comment: