Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chicken Fajita Casserole

Yes, I've been very busy with new recipes lately but I'm just NOW getting around to posting them! Where does the time go?! :)  Got this recipe from Katelyn, it was pretty good! I don't have a picture for it so you'll have to use your imagination!

Ingredients:

-1 pound boneless chicken tenders
-Box of Mexican or Spanish rice, prepared according to directions (Make sure to get all the ingredients listed on the box for this, I forgot about that!)
-2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
-1 (11oz) can of black beans, drained
-2 bell peppers, mix or match
-medium onion cut into strips
-2 packs fajita seasoning
-1 can rotel
-1 bag of Mexican cheese
-small bag of corn chips

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Mix one fajita seasoning packet per directions in a bowl and add chicken, coating it
-Cook chicken on stove top
-sautee peppers and onions in butter or oil, add Garlic powder
-Mix other fajita packet with tomatoes
-Add drained beans to prepared rice and place in greased 9x13 dish
-place chicken over rice
-place onions and peppers over chicken
-cover with one cup of cheese
-cover with Rotel/seasoning mix
-bake 20 minutes
-top with remaining cheese
-top with crushed chips
-bake until cheese is melted

Reviews:

Brett gave it a 7.5 out of 10
Brooke gave it a 7 out of 10

This was alright. In true fashion lately I forgot a few ingredients.  We think this would be a good filling for burritos and tacos.  We added sour cream when eating it. It's a little spicy for me but I think Brett enjoyed it

I got this recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment