Sunday, September 26, 2010

FINALLY FALL!!!

Last night Brett and I went out with Jon and Natalie (Brett work's with and plays softball with Jon) to celebrate Natalie's Birthday! Her sister, brother-in-law, and Jon's friend all joined us as well!! We went to Hofbrauhaus and had a great time! There is an accordion player and drummer that provides live entertainment to which all the people dance on the benches, FUN! In honor of the birthday girl, her sister Emily bought a "Shot-ski", in other words, 4 shot glasses mounted to a ski, where a group takes a shot at the same time. Not wanting to disappoint, I agreed to do this, and took my very first shot of Tequila along with Natalie, Emily and Jon! All the tall people had to bend their knees so I could reach mine, haha!



After hours of shouting our request, the accordion player FINALLY played the chicken dance!!
Jon and Emily

Chicken Dance!!!

Jon really getting into it!!

Earlier in the night, Hang on Sloopy was played, much to our delight. However, Natalie's brother-in-law Jeremy and Jon's friend were Michigan fans, so they didn't hide their disdain during our singing and dancing, oh well, records don't lie!! :) Thankfully for this birthday group, Brett was the DD for the evening and we all made it home safe and sound.

So today we are relaxing and enjoying the Bengals game with the WINDOWS OPEN because FALL has FINALLY arrived! No more 90s!! I'm actually enjoying sweatpants and a sweatshirt! Along with Fall, we are THRILLED to have TV back in session. No more summer re-runs, no more boring TV. We now have new episodes and new shows to watch! My new show I'm watching is My Generation, it's about just that, my generation. It stems from the class of 2000 (so one year early) and what they're doing 10 years later. So we'll see how it goes, liking it so far!

Along with new things for Fall, I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner this week and making the grocery list and realized that Brett and I tend to eat the SAME THINGS every week! So from now on, I'm making at least one new recipe from my many cookbooks and recipe cards each week and will post about it. I tell ya, we live on the edge. :)

So anyway, just relaxing and getting things ready for the week. Hope you all had a great weekend!! Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. We tend to get stuck in the same food ruts as well. Can't wait to see what recipes you share!

    ReplyDelete