Friday, October 9, 2009

My Bucket List

So you've all heard about the movie the "Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Where they are both dying of cancer and make a list of all the things they want to do in life before they go. Well, apparently I already knew of this movie years ago and made a "bucket list" at the young age of 14 or 15. Brett was cleaning out the closets today and came across this list I had stashed in the front pocket of one of my bags. Here's the rundown:

1) Make A-Company (Check! Was in it 11th and 12th grade)
2) Become Rabbit Queen (Check!)
3) Be Jr. Fair Queen (sadly, this never did and never will happen)
4) Win a Grand Champion Fair Award (don't think I did, but I won first place in showmanship, does that count??)
5) Be on National Honor Society (Check!)
6) Graduate with honors (Check! Check!)
7) Go to College (Check! From THE Ohio State University)
8) Get my license (Check! I can only assume this meant my driver's license)
9) Be a marine biologist (Sadly, no, I'm not.... still time??)
10) Work at Sea World (Such a bummer, as you'll remember from our Sea World trip I still want to do this....)
11) March in the OSU marching band (I don't think Athletic band will count, but at least SOMEONE in the family did this!!!)
12)Get married (Check!!)
13) Buy nice home (Someday......)
14) Buy nice car (Hmm.... again, someday.....)
15) Go to Hawaii (Go me!! I knew then I liked tropical vacations!! Someday...)
16) Go to see pyramids in Egypt (I like exotic places I think!! Hopefully someday!)
17) Go to Venice Italy (Definitely something Brett and I both want to do someday!)
18) Meet Garth Brooks- get picture and autograph (hahaha! doubt it!)
19) Meet Joshua Jackson- get pic and autograph (oh I just LOVED him!! this will never happen!)
20) Meet Bret Boone-get pic and autograph (FAVE baseball player! again, won't happen, but I do have an autographed baseball from him!)
21) Meet Will Smith-get pic and autograph (wow, prob will never happen either!)
22) Ride a Rollercoaster (kinda... Rockin' Roller Coaster, but I still want to say I road something wild and crazy like at Cedar Point)
23) Go Skydiving (Not yet! See Jesse, we KNEW we ALWAYS wanted to do this! Glad you have at least! Someday I'll join you!)
24) Have 3-5 kids (umm... prob not... more like 2-3 God willing)
25) Be a fairy tale character at Disney World (ummm... WHAT?!?! No idea where this came from and probably won't ever happen unless at Halloween!)
26) Play College Softball (sadly no... slow pitch intramural does not count)
27) Learn how to play soccer (Check!! Not well, but it was fun!)
28) Coach a softball team (There's still time I do believe!)
29) Be closer to Jesse (CHECK!!!! LOVE HIM!!! )
30) Meet Christopher Reeve (Sadly this will never happen, at least not in this lifetime)

So there it is folks, my "Bucket List" from age 14 or 15.... what a determined and motivated teen I was! Have any of you ever found such a list? I think it'd be cool to have my kids do this and then have them pull it out 10 years later too to see what they wrote and how the list is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment