Monday, August 6, 2012
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
Ingredients:
-3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 large jar of Heinz Chicken Gravy
-42+oz of chicken broth
-24oz bag of egg noodles (I used Amish egg noodles)
Directions:
-Combine the chicken, soup, gravy and broth into crock pot
-Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
-An hour before serving, remove the chicken, shred it and return it to crock pot. Add egg noodles at this time and continue cooking for the last hour. Add more broth as needed for desired consistency. Make sure noodles don't get mushy!
Reviews:
Brett gave them a 4 out of 10, but would have given them a higher review if they would've been soupier.
Brooke gave them an 8 out of 10
I really liked the flavor of these noodles, but I really underestimated the amount of broth the noodles would soak up. I have been trying for a long time to find a chicken and noodle recipe that Brett likes and it's HARD! He likes them very soupy and I thought this would do it. If I had one more can of broth I think they would've been a big hit!! Perfect for a fall meal!
I found this recipe HERE, but tweaked it a bit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment