Friday, December 17, 2010

Fresh Broccoli and Chicken Pasta

Brett and I tried another new dish this past week which included many faves: Pasta, chicken, cheese..... need we say more? :)
Ingredients:

-2 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta-uncooked
-3 cups fresh broccoli florets (I used frozen and it was still fine)
-1/4 cup KRAFT Light Italian House Dressing
-1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (we used frozen chicken strips you can heat quickly)
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-2 cups tomato basil spaghetti sauce
-1 cup KRAFT 2% Mozzerella Cheese

Directions:

-Cook pasta according to directions on the box, add broccoli to the pot the last 3 minutes
-Meanwhile, heat dressing in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic, cook 5 minutes or until chicken is not pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in spaghetti sauce, cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
-Drain pasta, add to chicken mixture. Mix lightly, then top with cheese.

Reviews:

This was alright. A little tangy for me, I think it was the Italian Dressing. Sadly, we threw the leftovers out. It wasn't a bad dish by any means, just didn't suit us I guess. Not sure why, pasta, chicken and veggies..... oh well

Brett gave it a 4 out of 10
I gave it a 4 out of 10

We probably won't make this again.... but thought I'd share it in case someone else likes it! We don't all have the same tastes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment