Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 chopped onion (I used 1 cup since I'm not a HUGE fan of onions, but enough to give flavor!)
- 1 quart Chicken Broth (I used reduced fat/reduced sodium)
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 8oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped (I had the jarred minced garlic)
- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- handful of parsley- finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh basil, shredded (I used my basil spice and added less than a cup)
Directions:
- Add EVOO, Carrots, Onions, Garlic and cook on med/high for 5 min in a large skillet with lid or medium size pot.
-Add broth, tomatoes, and sauce. Cover and bring to a boil
-In a bowl- add meat, parsley, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix together and roll into small meatballs and put into pot.
- Simmer 10 min or longer until meatballs are done. Stir in basil
- Serve with spaghetti
Reviews:
I LOVED it! I accidentally didn't buy enough broth, I only had half the amount, but it still came out great. VERY flavorful and filling. Brett would've like it better without carrots, but I honestly didn't really notice them. It kind of reminded me of when you were a kid and had Spaghettio's with Meatballs! I made many small meatballs as opposed to larger ones, they cooked better and were easier to eat one with each bite.
Brett gave it a 6 out of 10
I gave it an 9 out of 10
I liked it so well that I'm having the leftovers for lunch today! :) Thanks Liz!! I hope it looks right in the picture! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment