Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 18- Baby Bell Pepper!

Today the nugget is 18 weeks!!! He/she is 5 1/2 inches long- the length of a bell pepper- and weighs 7 ounces! So he/she gained 2 ounces this past week, woohoo!!!


He/she is flexing joints and muscles, yawning, hiccuping, rolling and kicking! This past week there have been moments where I SWEAR I'm starting to feel the little one moving around. Of course I am never 100% because I just don't know exactly what that feeling exactly is yet, but I get little shifts and pops, more so at night, and I know it's not my gut. So that's pretty exciting. About now we're supposed to be able to hear the heartbeat through a stethoscope, so I've been trying for a couple days but can't find it yet.

Finally getting a little baby bump! When I lay flat on the floor I now have a softball size "lump" and it's so weird!! Very cool, but looks very odd! :) I'm feeling a lot more like myself these days, more energy, not so crummy, so that feels great. I had my first run-in with the sun last weekend. When you're preggo, your skin is a lot more sensitive to the sun. Well, silly me, I (like many others) was VERY excited about the appearance of the sun last weekend! So I chilled in dad's boat Saturday afternoon and walked away with the WORST sunburn I've ever had! Even a week later, I'm still slathering on the lotion to get relief! LESSON LEARNED! I will never go without sunscreen again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment