Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wasp vs Sophia

This picture won't do the situation any justice at all, but here's the fun we had last night! Brett and I had just sat down to dinner when I happened to look down and notice Sophia's BRIGHT pink nose and puffy lip. So I scooped her up right away and noticed her cheek and nose was swollen and she was pawing at her face.... after remembering the wasp that had been buzzing around the house that afternoon I figured she had been stung.

So I called work and Dr. Ramos told us to come in right away, ah! We rushed Sophia over to The Animal Hospital on Mt. Lookout Square and rushed Sophia in. Of course by that time the swelling had really gone down in her lip and was just slightly puffy in her nose. Her cute little nose was still bright pink so the Dr. gave her a steroid shot and some steroids to go home with. Yay, Sophia on Steroids!! :) Of course she decided she didn't want them since they would make her gain weight... such vanity.

She was very worried that she was going to look like Marcia Brady after being hit by the football!
He nose is still a bit puffy in this picture and you can see how bright pink it is. Her nose is usually pretty pale. But this morning, we're happy to report that her nose is back to normal and she didn't need her steroid pills.

So that was the start of our relaxing weekend at home... hahaha But all in all, it could've been much worse and we're all having a wonderful relaxing Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment