Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun with Melissa and Jeremy!!!

So this past weekend our friends Melissa and Jeremy from Athens, OH came down to visit us and enjoy some warm weather and sunshine!! After the LONG drive from Ohio, the arrived around 9pm on Wednesday night. Luckily I was able to get the days they were here off from work so we could all hang out!
On Thursday I took them to the beach. We made sure to get pick up some Publix Subs to enjoy on the beach and they LOVED them!! :) It was a gorgeous beach day, HOT, but perfect for taking a swim. We soaked up some rays for the better part of the afternoon. It even rained while we were there, so we ran back into the water to stay warm! That night we had a cookout and headed over the the Outlet Mall.

On Friday, Brett had the day off as well and we all went down to Sarasota to St. Armand's Circle so Melissa and I could get a matching Pandora bead!! We picked out the Pineapple because it reminded us of Florida. We went to the Salty Dog Restaurant for lunch and saw a Jellyfish right off the dock! We walked around for a while, put our feet in the Gulf at the beach, ate dinner, stopped at the Sailor kissing the lady statue (so Brett could take a peek!) and then went out on LeBarge for a sunset cruise! We were a little worried because it had been storming for most of the evening, but after we got out of port it was PERFECT weather and we saw a beautiful sunset. We saw many GORGEOUS houses right on the channel where all the richest of the rich live. It was a fun evening!





































On Saturday morning we all got up and headed out to Brett and I's favorite breakfast place, Gulf Drive Cafe. While enjoying our waffles, eggs and french toast, we spotted a pod of dolphins swimming right off the beach!! It was nice they got to see some while they were down here!!

Janet, a lady that Melissa and I work(ed) with at Allen Pet Clinic sent some Peanut Butter Cake down with Melissa for us to enjoy!!! She made this all the time while I worked there and we all LOVED it! I was so excited to enjoy this wonderful treat!!! It's HEAVENLY!

Sadly, Melissa and Jeremy had to head back to Ohio. We were SO glad to have them here and hope they'll come back again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment